Sunday, May 21, 2006 | 12:43 AM

Yep, the plants didnt survive the transplant. 1 out of the 3 stalks remained and already it looks as if it is just barely holding up.

Been wondering... How did I manage to survive more 1 and a half years of JC without my old friends. It is like walking down a path so quickly, determined to reach the finishing line and get over with it, then you dont notice the scenery, or remember landmarks lest you get lost, or turn back to check if anyone gets left behind, or to chat with your friends about anything under the sun, just like the old times.

Then I realise, it isnt so. Maybe it really isnt just so.

That in spite of not getting to travel with my old pals down our paths we have chosen for our lives, them being separate as they are, somehow, postcards from each other magically appears, and reminds me of the old times we have, and showing snapshots of the lives they are having.

It is true pictures never tell the full stories. I dont know about yj's touch rug trainings, about the tries she made, or how is jas holding up against the horrible bunch of project mates she has, or how is vk and her jap lessons, or christie and leen and liyan and everyone else...

So, it is like, everything is enough, yet not enough. But hey, I am satisfied.

And I rather miraculously manage to find myself a great bunch of friends here too. Somehow, I look up during my journey and discover all these people with me.

I have always wondered, how hard it is, to find, someone whose has similar interests to you, or that instant bond with a fellow friend? Looking probabilties, I cant really decide. There are so many complex personalities, characteristics, how can it be that you find someone in your class of say 20+, who will like, say sushi? Or taking pictures? Or like basketball? Or someone who was in band or something? What more someone who fits all of the above? Or someone who thinks a lot, or is cynical, or sacarstic, or is mature.. Qualities that may not essentially be yours, but chracteristics, that you can relate to.

Is this why the more overlaps and similarities, the greater the bond?

I guess I may never know enough to answer that. Oh well. Whatever it is, I am thankful already.

I lifted my head up from staring at the dusty, parched road, and see a motely crew of traveeling mates, discover myself clutching a stack of postcards in my hand, and then, a rainbow in the sky.

Life is good enough man.

|