Saturday, February 04, 2006 | 9:49 PM

I think it was Mrs Ashari who once mentioned something about the "bright lights of a city", in reference to the book, Sing to the dawn. There is something about the phrase which suggests heady euphoria, smoke wafting all over under the glare of spotlights or glow of neon light. The pulsating beats of music echoing in your ears while you see people gyrating to music, sweat slicked bodies reflecting fluoroscent green, blue and red hues. It sounded.. like an addiction, which while being in it, felt great but to an onlooker, frightening, as you watch the person gripped by a fever as if his soul was being grabbed by the devil and throttled to death, while still being oblivious to his impending doom.

Which brings me to Chingay. Thank goodness it was so different. The throngs of people, and the bright white lights, dancing spots of pink, green and orange were balanced out by all those orange streetlamps. Hah. The ever steady pressence of streetlamps. Chingay can be summarised into an equation for us streetrockers. (7.5)-2) + (7-1) = 11.5 hrs of waiting. Haha, what I think all of us gripe most about would be the looooong waiting hours. And the bad food. And dinner at 4 pm.


Pictures from (2)+ pm to (7)- pm. I am gona combine both days into the descriptions cox the same things happened along the same time line.

Fri: Left school at 12. 50+ even though we could have left at 12.15pm cox we were working hard on pur physics prac. Sat: Woke up at 11am, bleary eyed, with DAMN painful leg muscles.

(Intermission: Why I had painful leg muscles.
This was because during PE lesson for those who failed an item or more for Napfa, there were only 5 gals. And two were Bee and Dor who were accompanying me. The other two failed their SBJ and I failed incline, by 1!! Argh. Apparently Mr Lee asked what we failed and I think he heard the two girls' reply as the whole grp's. So we had training for SBJ. And before we head over to do the lunges, I was suspicious and asked him "what about inclines?" and he said, we will do SBJ today. So we did. It was only at the end of the whole thing when we were being debriefed when he was talking about "whe you guys think you can jump more than 165cm , tell me and we will give u a test again," did I interjected him and asked, "what abt inclines?" And a blank look crossed his face which said "huh?"

Uh oh. So I explained tt I failed incline and his horrified expression said it all. No, it wasnt cox I was the only loser who failed inclines (you doofus), but tt I just went thru an hr of training for smthg I didnt fail!! Ok. Great. ) Anyway, tts was smthg which I wanted to write down so next time I am looking thru my archives, I can read it at laugh at how dumb I was ( and maybe shall still be)

Okay.... Back to food at 14:00 hrs on Sat. Fri's food looked something like that also la. Just think tofu and.. fishball or smthg.

Hey, where are the vitamins and protein shit?!

Hehheh, me, JY and Serene went and bought food frm basement of taka and my additions to dinner were tako and sushi!! Mwahahaha!!! But I heard that the last batch had Madonald's vouchers. Aiyerh, I had vicously stabbed the sausage and then taking the picture with the intention of scribbling the words "Chingay food" before uploading it, but I am too darn lazy now.

And photos on Fri and Sat in preps. The Sat pixs see all of us sporting red hair. Didnt get much chance for photos on Sat cox we arent exactly allowed to.


Jieying, Serene and me on fri.

We waited and waited and waited.. The tiny person wearng a red and white tee right under the scaffolding (on the right) if you can see, is Shawn, lead of Sector 3. He does a very good imitation of Victor, who is head of operations for the whole thing. The most impt lessons we have walked away from Chingay is what Victor taught us. I shall allow Bee, Bel, Jam and Dor to teach you.

Stick you left arm out, cup your right ear. And moved both of your limbs together repeatedly and make the sound "woot, woot!" or other sound effects as you please. =)


Yep, devoted 11.5 hrs of my life there.

JY, serene, me and Latifah!

YJ and me! 0.001 secs fter this photo was taken , I was already smacking my forehead with coming up with such a dumb pose. Gawd! And you see the green thing on my sleeve? It is the milo brand!!! Ahhhh!! There were loads of ppl rolling up their sleeves to hide it, as demonstrated by the hot babe on my right. =)

2.0 MP camera phone show-off. Gah!! I couldnt bear to look.


Front to back. Left to right. T, me, Kim Wei, Latifah, Jie Ying and Serene. Speaking of which, T has been a really great lead. Even though he wasnt a blader, he still chose to run up and down sector 3 so as to make sure the transmission of messages were fast and accurate. And he is one to stand up and take control in a very responisble manner. -slautes- BUT!! The one fatal flaw: He forgot our grp's goodie bags!! I want that bag! T!!!!

Sneaked in some shots in between. High energy dance number for pre-parade.

And the two sweeties who were behind me during the parade. =)

Okay, though I did get in shots of the parade floats and performers, eh, dont really wana put them up cox they are kinda blurred and everythg. Well, this brigs to mind two different categorires of photos. Some are to capture the moment, meaning, it is for ppl who are there, and for them to recall the thing. Like a momento. Most prob there are shots of people and events like those above ba. Another purpose, are those which are for artistic purposes I guess. For lack of a better way to express it, I would say it is to be like a canvas. Gah. 4pm afternoon ( or evening) heat messing up my brain. I have only been awak for 3 hrs. Most prob I will go study in the night. Yawn.

|