Saturday, January 21, 2006 | 7:13 PM
Proudly presenting... ... Sector 3.1 !!!
The ladies of Sector 3.1!! From left, Latifah, Serene, Jie Ying, me and Clarissa.
 And the guys.. From left, Jeremy, Yu Teng, Pillai, T, (I couldnt hear his name as he had introduced himself when he joined us only on tt day, sorry.) Samuel, and Kim Wei.
Had Chingay practice yesterday. It is the last practice at SRJC and our next practice, which is a refresher with the American professional cheerleaders will be at the PA. I cant wait to see them again! This also means going home late at night for 3 days straight on 2nd, 3rd (preview) and 4thFeb (Actual Chingay performance).
Speaking of which, I knew it! I should have practiced rollerblading more conscientiously! If not, I definitely would have signed up for the Quick Response Team, which will be around 20 ppl in numbers and will be travelling up and down the stretch of Orchard Road.
As predicted, the day started late again, due to some adminstrative hiccup. The V.P (is it? I cant exactly rmb) tried to rev us up but while his dialogue were kinda uninspiring, I think his enthusiasm was transmitted to us by his body language.
Read yj's blog and I feel kinda bad. As someone who joins in later, I think it is really kinda tough. For eg. all the nyjcians in my grp has been to the first training and so we know almost everything. And along with T, who was there too, we sort of like know the cheers and everything le. Which basically means, despite us not intentionally trying to exclude them, excluded them I guess.
Anyway, I had great fun with Latifah, Kim Wei and T around. KW is like the serial cheerleader lor. In terms of cheering and in leading the cheers. It was great fun cheering with him cox he actually wants to go right to the front and to the open spaces to cheer. While I didnt dare take him up in his offer, neither did the rest, we were like very high. T and Latifah both are great people to chat and joke with. T also has a great wealth of experience, ( I think Merv also has quite a fair bit) in partcipating for Chingay ( he was an usher) and NDP.
After that, met up with the rest of the s6aye babes for lunch. It was really fun. We also had this discussion and sharing session on our studying and sleeping habits, following our discovery sleeps like at 2++ and I only sleep at 1+ only lorh!! Yup, then we began playing with our food and taking pictures, which I think I will have to upload on the msn group cox I tried uploading the pix on hotmail to send them and the pics are like horrednously huge.
Then I went home, thinking I can finally take a crack at my homework. but Mum asked me of I wana go shopping with them at Chinatown and so I decided to take up the photo opportunities presented and I went. Unfortunately, I didnt get much nice atmospheric shots because thanks to the rain, the bustling scenes werent quite what I hade envisgaed. However, I got very nice nightshots playig with the water droplets and lighting, in the car. Think I will upload them when I have the time.
Meanwhile, I got a new waist pouch, cox we are only allowed to bring that for Chingay. I spotted this stall selling watches for $10 and there were the nice, metallic, chunky watches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they were supposed to be for the guys, cox apparently there are nice, sweet, slim little watches on the right for the ladies' slim wrists. Whatever. Anyway, I didnt buy them not because of the gender divide but cox I dont have any money. =( And since Mum bought me the pouch le, obviously I am not gona ask me to spend more money on me.
Last note, anyone wana win a set of Risk, Boogle or Game of Life games? All you have to do is to get one of the three highest reading rates in the Drum and you can walk away with one of this brand new game sets! (There is this Monopoly LOTR edition which the members have decided to keep for themselves and not put it out as the prize. So, too bad. Oh well. )
|
|
Archives
Credits
|