Thursday, January 12, 2006 | 7:20 AM
I have been kept away by the computer due to the onslaught of homework, (is that a rite of passage for teachs into the new year? ) Oh, I remember now, those hmwk aren't exactly new, in fact I owuld use the term, "caught up with me" instaed.
Was on the receiving end of kindness twice recently. -thanks- Two angels descended and in their own ways, helped. Lighthouse #1 was illumminating in describing my tangled mess of feelings. And on that rainy, morose day, it really really helped.
Angel #2 metamorphed into another form, and did me a great favour when no one else was willing to sacrifice their time to help. He didn't get to go for his cca thing, and since he was really the last person I would ever expect to help on his own initiative, I owe him my eternal grattitude. I am reminded of what was mentioned about my temper a long long time ago, DPW. (During Project Work). He just may be among the few who would dare to tell me about my temper.
I am humbled by what these people have done for me, for the singular reason that I believe they could have very well chosen not to do what they had done. And a conversation I had just now makes me understand even better the vast difference people can have in the views they hold.
Well, as for today, we had a talk. I noticed the careful deliberation of not using the word "expulsion". But from what our various tutors have mentioned, it is obvious that the school's stand has been toughened against deliquencies.
Speaking of which, I would say, so far the rules announced are pretty much acceptable and expected of by the sociey's standards. Generally, because of the explanations given, I think those reasons are pretty much valid. Oh come on, as what has been said, 10+yrs of school rules le, what's the diff with one more year of it? Of course, maybe when I am late, I wouldnt be so quick to defend the school rules. =) In fact, I can safely say I will be cursing them. =P
I foresee a parallel. The government governs and keeps all charities in check. The question raised by the public, who keeps the government in check, as shown by the need for such highlighted during the NKF saga. I think it can be a valid question assuming imperfect knowledge about certain things. But generally, I do believe, that the intentions are good at heart, just that again, due to imperfect knowledge, efficiency still cannot be achieved despite government intervention. So, basing upon my un-cynical, hopeful, optimistic nature, I do hope everyting would turn out fine.
This entry was supposed to have been posted yesterday and I am glad I took the time to reread this entry and edit some of the stuff. After today, where certain more basic colours of human nature have been revealed, I feel that I don't think I will trust her that easily anymore. Oh well.
|
|
Archives
Credits
|